Who We Are
All women of African descent living outside Africa.
What We Do
To mobilize the African diaspora and encourage them to participate in the development of Africa. How we will achieve this: Mobilization of the African diaspora and creation of a diaspora professional registry.
To create a prosperous and self-sustaining Africa through brain gain.
The PADWA motto is derived from a statement famously made by Kwame Nkrumah, former President of Ghana:
“I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me.”
We are divided into fifteen (15) comprehensive sectors:
- Communications & Public Relations
- Culture & Entertainment
- Education & Human Capital Development
- Legal, Policy, Ethics & Governance
- Monetary & Financial Affairs
- Natural Resources & Environment
- Science & Technology
- Social Affairs
- Trade, Industry and Investment
The Pan-African Women’s Association has seven (7) objectives that are essential to its core mission:
- To create and maintain a diaspora registry.
- To create and maintain an online store.
- To launch and maintain a $10 campaign: Give us $10, your name, and we make magic!
- To link African women entrepreneurs in the diaspora with women entrepreneurs on the continent.
- To create and maintain strategic partnerships that encourage exchange between Africa and the Diaspora.
- To promote the health and well-being of the African diaspora community.
- To minimize the cultural barriers that hinder African diaspora personal development and progress.